- Leveraging growth from very high new development activity to relieve cost of living and overhead cost pressures, freezing the rate in the dollar at 2014-15 levels.
- Strong commitment to a significant and sustained increase in funding for maintenance and renewal of city infrastructure providing for an additional $78 million investment over the next ten years.
- Continued investment in environmental sustainability, through a new Greener Streets initiative, additional Climate Change Initiatives and the final construction stage of the Adelaide Park Lands Trail.
- Engaging with Government, business and community sectors to develop partnerships that support sustainable growth and activation.
- Delivering community celebrations, such as Christmas in the City and Adelaide’s New Year’s Eve, that are open and inclusive and provide a safe, family friendly environment.
- Continuing to achieve measurable gains in building a more customer-focused culture.
- Continuing with further investment in Smart Move to improve walkability and cyclability, as well as undertaking accessibility reviews and studies to inform potential future improvements to bicycle, bus and taxi infrastructure.
- Undertaking safety lighting projects informed by community inputs and audits.
- Providing sponsorship/grant funding support to assist art, cultural, community and recreational groups and organisations.
- Engaging with city businesses, State Government and other stakeholders to increase business growth and investment.
- Creating a plan to foster the ongoing growth of the Market District in collaboration with traders, businesses, residents and key groups.
- Continuing Council’s commitment to the delivery of the Public Art Action Plan with new commissioned artwork as well as initiatives incorporating art and light.
- Enhancing the city experience through Connect Adelaide initiatives that provide smart and connected technology solutions.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link