City of Adelaide Comments on Consultation Draft Community Engagement Charter
The State Planning Commission is inviting comments on a Consultation Draft of the Community Engagement Charter. Comments are due with the Commission by 8 December 2017.
At a meeting on 28 November 2017, Council considered a report on the Consultation Draft Charter, during which Council resolved to authorise the Chief Executive Officer to advise the State Planning Commission as follows:
1.1. Council endorses the Community Engagement Charter 2017 – Consultation Draft.
1.2. The Commission:
- Should have an engagement specialist to provide expert advice on engagement plans submitted to the Commission for approval.
- Should consider the proposed training on the Charter for practitioners to form part of the accreditation process for planners.
- Should review the Charter to establish guidance or a framework for ‘commercial and confidential’ information that may form an element of a proposal/amendment to a Planning Instrument.
- Reviews the mandatory requirement for proposals initiated by a non-government body be amended to include consultation on the engagement plan also.
- Reviews Principles 1 and 2 to include ‘facilitating community collaboration’ as a performance outcome.
- Consults Council on the formulation of the associated Toolkit.
- Engages Council, the Local Government sector and the Community on the formulation of the associated PDI Regulations.
The report considered by Council on 28 November is available at: http://www.cityofadelaide.com.au/your-council/meetings/agendas-minutes/
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
Consultation has concluded