City of Adelaide Comments on Discussion Draft Community Engagement Charter
As you are aware, the new State Planning Commission is
preparing a Charter to guide how community engagement is undertaken in SA’s
Arising from a Council decision of 26 September 2017,
Council’s comments to the Commission on the ’Discussion Draft’ are that it:
- Supports the Community Engagement Charter 2017 - Discussion Draft and looks forward to commenting on the ‘Consultation Draft’.
- Is prepared to partner with the Commission on engagement.
- Recommends that the Commission conducts engagement based on the Charter to inform development assessment public notification policy.
- Recommends that the Commission engages Council and the Local Government sector on the formulation of the associated Regulations.
- Recommends the Commission reviews the ‘Principles for Engagement in a New Planning System’ by Donna Ferretti & Associates to inform the Consultation Draft Charter.
- Requests the Commission review the Comments on the Implementation ‘Considerations’ and ‘Ideas for Measures’.
Please note that Council’s comments are being communicated to the Minister for Planning, peak bodies, the Local Government Association and other groups.
If you have any
queries, in the first instance, please contact David Bailey on email@example.com
or 8203 7547.
Consultation has concluded