Following the consultation process on parking controls in the East End Precinct that took place in August 2014, Council has now endorsed the changes to parking.
Based on community feedback and expert traffic advice, minor changes were made to the original proposal. Changes to parking in the Precinct will include:
- All ticketed parking controls will be in place from 9am to 6pm.
- Timed parking controls will be in place from 8am to 6pm.
- The area will have unrestricted parking after 6pm.
- A taxi zone will be trialled from 6pm to 6am on Friday / Saturday and Saturday / Sunday nights on the south side of Rundle Street, between Ebenezer Place and Vardon Avenue.
- The number of on-street parking spaces will be increased from 127 to 130. These will include 35 X loading spaces; 1 X mail zone; 22 X ticketed parking spaces; 29 x time-controlled parking spaces; 17 X motorcycle parking spaces; 8 X permit spaces for SAPOL; 18 X on-street bike parks.
We anticipate that all the parking control changes will be in place by mid-February 2015.
For more information, and to read the Council Report which contains the full consultation summary click here.
Consultation has concluded