UPDATE: Read the latest update regarding our response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Read more.
The Adelaide City Council has received an application from Gluttony for the use of Rymill Park / Mullawirraburka to enable the Gluttony event to take place. It is anticipated that the venue will attract approximately 1000 people daily. Opening hours are proposed from 3:00pm to 1:00am Monday to Thursday, 3:00pm to 3:00am Fridays, 11:00am to 3:00am Saturdays and 11:00am to 1:00am Sundays.
Gluttony is a family-friendly arts, food and wine event, showcasing premium produce from South Australia. There will be performances by a range of artists throughout the three-week period. Entry is free and open to all members of the community; venues within the site are ticketed. The event site perimeter will be enclosed with temporary fencing. Event activities will be focussed on the north-eastern side of leased area (*refer to attached Boundary Outline)
The temporary fence will be erected to secure the area for the entire duration of the event. Two bars and caterers will operate inside marquees measuring 10 x 6m and 6 x 3m. Free drinking water will be provided at each bar and portable toilets will be on site. Licensed crowd controllers will be present to ensure safety of patrons and premises.
• Silent Disco - no speakers, all music in headphones. Each patron is given their own set of headphones
• Puppetry venue - low noise impact
• Comedy and circus - mostly spoken word with low noise impact
• Some musical comedy, medium volume programmed before 11:00pm
• Some cabaret, volume controlled and in venues close to Rundle Rd, medium volume
• Kids shows, weekends during the day
• No concert style acts
2012 Site Design Considerations:
• Noise mitigation - venue placement and crowd management
• Noise generating venues located closer to Rundle Rd
• Smaller capacity sound system in main tent than previously used in 2011 Gluttony venue
• Sound measurements taken hourly after 10:00pm and during cabaret, musical comedy and any other shows which have the potential to make noise discernable from other locations
• Speakers directed away from residential locations
• No entertainment after 1:00am except Silent Disco (noiseless)
• No admittance after 1:30am, this will help to wind-down and allow for staggered departure from venue, avoiding mass dispersal
Consultation has concluded