How does this new strategy link with State Government and Council work?
The development of an Evening Strategy aligns with Council’s Strategic Plan outcomes and a number of existing strategies and policies already in place (eg Smart Move, Connect Adelaide and our City Safety Strategy).
State Government has a strategic priority of ‘Creating a Vibrant City’ and ‘Safe Communities, Healthy Neighbourhoods.'
The objectives of this strategy is to:
- Bridge the gap between daytime and nighttime use of the City
- Increase the number of people in the City in the evening and at night
- Expand the ways people use the City in the evening and at night
- Improve communication and promotion of the evening, night and late night offering
- Create an inviting and safer evening, night and late night experience to improve perceptions of safety
- Raise awareness of the evening, night and late night economy and its potential to contribute to the economic, social & cultural development of the City among policy makers, businesses and key sectors
- Develop a shared vision, strategy and action plan for its implementation.
Consultation has concluded