Key Features of the Proposal
Key features of the proposal include:
- a high-quality landscaped community park with irrigated grass and shady trees;
- increased plantings to address the urban heat island effect and contribute to the cooling of the West End;
- new park infrastructure and picnic areas to encourage informal recreation use;
- community plaza;
- community courts;
- running loop and fitness stations;
- discovery trails and nature play areas;
- new and improved pedestrian connections to the new Royal Adelaide Hospital and City West precinct;
- central pedestrian promenade linking the West End via the Hindley Street gateway to the centre of the park;
- improved wayfinding and signage;
- respite and healing spaces for visitors and patients of the New Royal Adelaide Hospital.
The project will complement:
- the State Government’s investment in the new Royal Adelaide Hospital. The park will provide a place of respite for staff and visitors to the Hospital;
- South Australian Cricket Association’s (SACA) $8m redevelopment of the community sport facilities and ovals in in the park.
It will also support the new University of South Australia and Adelaide University facilities on North Terrace.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
Consultation has concluded