Project Outcome - Implementation of Strategy 2
As an immediate priority, Council is implementing Strategy 2 of the proposed On-street Event Parking Plan.
We have modified the Strategy as a result of community feedback and it will now include:
- A 2 hour parking limit during Adelaide Oval events only, on streets located within approximately 1.2 kilometres of the Oval and providing affected residents with event permits (refer to enclosed map for location details), which will allow parking on the street for a longer period of time. We anticipate that the new Event Permit system will be in place prior to the first major event on 22 March, 2014.
- Extending the 2 hour event limit along War Memorial Drive (East of Frome Road), and providing affected community and sporting groups with event permits.
- Retaining existing parking conditions in key area such as MacKinnon Parade, Montefiore Hill and Palmer Place
- Extending ‘golf parking’ along Strangways Terrace (eastern side) to free up more spaces near the Calvary Hospital.
Staff are currently finalising the new Event Permit system. Once the new permit system has been finalised, all eligible residents in North Adelaide and eligible community/sporting groups will be sent details of the new system, including information about how to apply.
In parallel to the implementation of Strategy 2, Council will continue to review and progress the other strategies outlined in our proposed On-street Event Parking Plan. We will continue to work with the Stadium Management Authority (SMA) to deliver its overall Traffic and Transport Management Plan for Adelaide Oval.
Planned activities include:
- Providing additional taxi drop-off/pick-up zones
- Providing new on-street parking signage to minimise confusion and clearly outline the new parking restrictions
- Implementing a parking education and communication plan prior to the first major event
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact to on-street conditions in North Adelaide (including areas outside of the new 2 hour limit event zone)
- Closing a section of War Memorial Drive (events only) to cater for coach bus parking and accessible companion parking
- Encouraging people to use public transport and utilise the city’s off-street car parks.
We appreciate your patience while we continue to work with the Stadium Management Authority to balance the needs of Adelaide Oval visitors with those of local residents, businesses, workers and community groups.
For further information: