Motorcycle Parking on Footpaths Project Information
We are seeking your feedback on the trial of allowing motorcycles and scooters to park on footpaths in five designated locations:
- Victoria Square/Tarntanyangga (north-west corner)
- Light Square/Wauwi (western side, south of Currie Street)
- Hindmarsh Square/Mukata (eastern side between Grenfell and Pirie streets)
- Grote Street (east of Bowen Street)
- Wakefield Street (east of Victoria Square)
If there is a high level of support for motorcycle and scooter parking on footpaths at these locations, they will be retained permanently.
The benefits of allowing motorcycle and scooter parking on designated footpath areas in the city include:
- Meeting existing demand for motorcycle and scooter parking spaces
- Encouraging more motorcycles and scooters into the city.
Consultation has concluded