Results of the consultation
The East End separate rate consultation received 90 written submissions. Detailed results of the consultation are presented in the attached document tilted “Results East End Separate Rate Consultation”
Summary of results:
- 64% (58 out of 90) respondents were ratepayers in the East End;
- 71% of respondents did not support the East End separate rate proposal (64 people out of 90). 76% of commercial ratepayers (i.e. those who would be liable for the levy) did not support it;
- 93% of all participating ratepayers were Commercial ratepayers (75 out of 81)
- Specific objections to the proposal included that:
- the proposed amount of the separate rate was too high;
- only selected levy-payers would benefit;
- the separate rate would drive businesses away from the area;
- it was an untested proposal; and
- Council should provide the services proposed, funded by the general rate.
To download the results, please click here.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
This consultation has concluded.