Results of the consultation
The West End separate rate consultation received 96 written submissions. Detailed results of the consultation are presented in the attached document tilted “West End Partnership Funding Model public consultation 2013 results”
Summary of results:
- 79 out of 96 respondents were ratepayers (82%);
- 80% of respondents disagreed with the West End Partnership Funding Model proposal (77 people out of 96); 86% of commercial ratepayers disagreed with the proposal;
- Amongst respondents there were three property owners who made a separate submission for each property they own in the West End. This resulted in 32 submissions from 3 property owners who strongly disagree with the proposal;
- 85% of participating ratepayers were commercial ratepayers (51 out of 60);
- 72% of respondents (69 out of 96 people) identified their business as being located between King William Street and Morphett Street;
- Specific objections to the proposal included that:
- the levy is in addition to already high rates;
- the levy is inappropriate in a difficult economic climate;
- there is little benefit and any benefits achieved would apply to selected ratepayers only; and
- the proposal is an untried model.
If you would like to download these results, please click here.
This consultation has concluded.