Final Decision Made!
Council has granted a temporary
lease to the organiser of Soundwave Festival for the use of Bonython Park/
Tulya Wardli on Saturday 21 February and Sunday 22 February 2015.
Further reading:Summary of consultation statistics from Your Say Adelaide:
Summary of consultation feedback from Your Say Adelaide:
- 1,225 engaged by contributing feedback online;
- 1,190 people are in support of the event application;
- 2 people are not in support of the event application;
- 2 people were neutral regarding the event application;
- 1 person did not provide feedback relevant to the application; and
- additionally, 79 people who contributed have travelled to Adelaide for past Soundwave events or intend to travel to the 2015 event from regional areas, interstate or New Zealand.
It is evident through the consultation process that there is a high level of community desire to support and attend this event:
- A large amount of the submissions referred to the economic impact of the event to the city and its businesses. In addition, many made reference to the ‘Festival State’ slogan and vibrancy of the city;
- Many of the submissions provided positive feedback on the event organisation, location of Bonython Park / Tulya Wardli, and the proposed new two day format.
- One supporter provided suggestions on the waste management and recycling at the event which will be passed on to the event organiser. In addition another person provided negative feedback on the 2014 waste clean-up which was raised with the event organiser during the bump out;
- One event supporter has reviewed the Event Noise SOP’s and believes Council is taking reasonable steps to control excessive noise. They have provided some feedback on the noise logging set up which will be passed onto the acoustic engineers. In addition they have suggested the event explore alternative sites outside of Council’s jurisdiction;
- One non-supporter provided feedback on the site which will be considered as a part of the approval process. They have stated that if the event was to be granted approval compliance with the Event Noise SOP’s must be enforced and the application of noise limiters is a part of this;
- One non-supporter provided feedback on the number of days the park is alienated from the public and has suggested the event be staged in a purpose built venue; and
- One submission did not provide constructive feedback to the event application.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
Consultation has concluded