CLOSED: This map consultation has concluded
This project will have several effects on the community throughout construction. These include:
- The removal of 58 trees to support the Creek redevelopment. Of these 58 trees, 4 are identified as regulated or significant (1 River Red Gum, 1 exotic and 2 Dutch Elms). The planting of 1350 new trees will create a design that over time will develop and mature to achieve the planned aesthetic outcome.
- intermittent closures of shared paths
- restricted access along the creek
- impacts on sports fields
- construction vehicles in the Park Lands
- Construction noise and dust etc.
A three year maintenance period has been proposed to ensure plant development and allow the trees to become established.
A Construction Environmental Management Plan is currently being developed to ensure the project is constructed within the Environment Protection Agency Guidelines.
Advanced notice and signage will be in place to ensure Park Land users are well informed of access through the Parks
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
Consultation has concluded