Victoria Park/Bakkabakkandi Works to date
Council has been implementing the master plan incrementally through a series of project packages. The following works have been completed over the past four years:
- Removal of the majority of the SAJC buildings and associated infrastructure, horse racing track fencing and track mounding.
- Establishment of a new running / walking loop track with five fitness stations.
- New tree planting through out the park to provide shade to pathways, strengthen the wooded urban forest character and define areas of open recreation space.
- Restoration of the heritage grandstand (ongoing) and establishment of landscaping to the surrounds and Fullarton Road edge.
- Establishment of the premium field and supporting infrastructure in front of the heritage grandstand.
- Upgrade of the southern multiuse sports fields including regrading, irrigation and grassing.
- Native vegetation and butterfly zone protected and managed.
- Construction of two park entries to provide park identity, iconic meeting points and rest zones on the edge of the park.
Refer to the Central Gardens Consultation Information for location of project packages within Victoria Park.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
This consultation has concluded.