1. What is Adelaide City Council’s involvement in the project?
Although the O-Bahn City Access Project is a project that is managed and funded by State Government, Adelaide City Council have care, control and management of some of the Park Lands and surrounding roads that will be impacted by the project.
Adelaide City Council has provided conditional support for the project and to ensure that the project delivers outcomes that are beneficial to the City the Council and its administration are working collaboratively with the Minister and the project team.
2. Why is the public being consulted at this stage?
3. There’s already been a lot of consultation, is this going to be the final chance to have my say?
Feedback on the project can be provided any time to the DPTI project team by contacting them at DPTI.Obahn@sa.gov.au or by phoning the enquiry line on 1300 443 198.
For feedback on the construction licence, please see the “how do I provide my feedback” section at the bottom of this document. For any other help with providing your feedback, please contact the Adelaide City Council Customer Service Team through emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by phoning 8203 7203 or by calling into our Customer Service Centre at 25 Pirie Street.
In addition to this consultation, Council has consulted the public on changes to some of the roads in the area, including closing a section of East Terrace and an underground portion of Rundle Road and opening a new section of East Terrace (which has the effect of realigning East Terrace). This process is governed by the Roads Opening and Closing Act and is separate to the consultation on the Licence. When the road consultation has concluded the results will be published through a Council report.
4. What will happen to my feedback?
5. How large is the area to be transferred to the Minister?
6. Why does the area need to be transferred to the Minister?
7. Will the Minister keep this land at the end of the project?
8. How large is the area that the construction licence will cover?
9. Will any trees have to be removed?
10. What will happen to the fountain, memorial items and items of public art that may be impacted?
11. How much of the area to be used for construction will be unavailable to the public?
12. Will these areas still be able to be crossed by foot or by bicycle?
13. Will the public toilets be able to be used?
14. Will the kiosk and the playground be available?
15. When will the areas used for construction be returned to Park Land?
16. What will these areas look like after the work has been done?
17. What will happen to Rundle Road during construction? Will I still be able to drive along it and park there?
18. What will happen to traffic in this area and where will I be able to get information on traffic delays?
19. Will I still be able to get my usual bus at my usual bus stop?
20. I own a business on East Terrace, will people still be able to get to my premises?
21. What will happen to the events that are normally held in these areas?