SmartBins based in Smartphone App
To avoid the propagation of the COVID-19 it is necessary to avoid the use of touch screens shared by people, as the government did with the button of the traffic lights(they are not been in use at this period), so I am developing the communication of the process of changing cans and bottles at the collection depots to a smartphone App, where just the user will touch their own screen, not sharing it with other people. Users can download an app (iOS and Android) enabling them access to a personal account to sell their containers (plastic and glass bottle and aluminum cans) depositing them into smart bins. These smart bins have an inbuilt system of sorting the material and sending a notification when they are full and ready for collection.
The benefits of implementing a system of smart bins operating as vending machines in public and private places.
Increases the efficiency of the collection, sorting recycling materials, the participation of the community in recycling, creating an additional source of profit, proposing zero cost to the partner in the installation of the smart bin, and collection of the recycling materials collected.
The smart bin will have an electronic locker system that will switch the open/close state by user or collection app command.
Benefits to the partners (public and private companies):
- Zero cost in the acquisition and installation of the smart bin to the Council;
- The collection of the recycling materials will be completed by an accredited person (companies) with no cost to the Council;
- Security: the smart bins will only open after the user scans the QRcode on the bin, Barcode on the container, and a historic log will also be recorded;
- Cleaning, organisation, and security;
- Scalable system.
Benefits to the community:
- People will have more locations (public bins on sidewalks) to deposit their containers and receive 10 cents (improving the circular economy - monetary compensation of the recycling container program);
- Clean and security spaces closed to bins;
- The actual systems are based on Screens (IHM – interface human-machine) which the users need to touch a share screen, very harmful to spread COVID-19;
- The proposal system is based in Application on the users' smartphone, which is cheaper, practical, and safer (does not use sharing touch screen, avoiding the propagation of COVID-19) compared to the actual systems.